Director Business Development Life Science UK
London, England, United KingdomBusiness Development
LabConnect improves lives by partnering with pharma/biotech companies and clinical research organizations (CROs) to accelerate the development of new medicines around the world. An independent, global, one-stop-shop focused on delivering central laboratory services that are tailor-made, timely and flexible to meet the evolving study demands from traditional to increasingly complex trials.
At LabConnect, we are a growing and global team. In addition to great perks and challenging work assignments, we invest in our people with enriching career growth opportunities. We believe in a friendly and collaborative environment with open lines of communication.
LabConnect Europe is looking for a Director Business Development UK
What can you expect from us?
- We truly live our values: partnership, excellence, execution, collaboration, forward thinking, accountability, and nimble
- You will have impact in scale-ing our business in Europe
- A small team with short communication lines
- Nice combination of strategy and operations
- A market based salary
- Support in the tools you need to do your job (laptop, phone reimbursement)
What will you do?
You will be responsible for the setup of all business development efforts within the UK, including the development and implementation of business development strategies and activities. You will spearhead business growth through expanding current businesses and exploring new markets opportunities. You are responsible for identifying and securing new business as well as maintaining professional relationships and growing existing client base. You work closely with the European Operations Team and the U.S. Business Development Team to develop service plans and budgets that separates us from our competition.
In this role you will be reporting to the Executive Director Business Development EMEA.
What do we expect from you?
- You have a relevant Bachelor degree, like (international) Sales and Marketing Management, Business Development
- You have 5 to 7 years experience in selling central lab services, clinical trials services and/or drug development services to mid- and high level contacts
- You bring an existing, relevant network of biotech and pharma contacts in the UK
- International growing mindset
- You are familiar with sales automation systems, like Salesforce
- You are a resident of the UK
- Self-motivating and ability to work well independently as well as using a collaborative team approach.
- Fluent in English language
- You have a combination of go-getting and business acumen.